Dr Oakley gained her dental qualification with honours at the University of Sheffield, United Kingdom, in 2002. In the first year as a qualified dentist, she worked in a general practice in Nottingham, UK. The next 3 years she spent furthering her knowledge and skills in oral and maxillofacial surgery at different teaching hospitals in the north of England.
Dr Oakley then took a career break to enjoy a round-the-world trip and then moved to Perth in 2008 to be with her now husband, an Australian. Since living in Perth, Dr Oakley practiced at the Oral Health Centre of Western Australia in the oral surgery and general practice departments for 2 years before commencing her Clinical Doctorate in Periodontics. She completed her doctorate at the University of Western Australia in 2012 and became a Fellow of the Royal Australian College of Dental Surgeons in the Periodontics division.
Dr Oakley joined Central Periodontics and Implants in 2016 and practices all aspects of periodontics along with the placement and maintenance of dental implants. Dr Oakley continues her teaching role at the University of Western Australia as a clinical tutor. She enjoys attending local and international conferences to keep up to date with the latest advances in the field of Periodontics and Implant dentistry.
Dr Oakley is a proud member of the following organisations:
- Australian Dental Association
- The Australian and New Zealand Academy of Periodontists
- The Australian Society of Periodontology of WA
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Dental Surgeons
- The International Team for Implantology
- Member of the Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Volunteer at Healing Smiles
When Dr Oakley is not looking after patients, she loves being a mum to her two children and spends all her spare time with her young family. They enjoy travel, camping, the beach and water sports.
At your appointment with Dr Oakley, you can expect a friendly smile, sincere communication, clinical expertise and genuine empathy. Dr Oakley is fluent in Bosnian, Serbian and Croatian.
- Professional Affiliations Australian Dental Association (ADA); The Australian and New Zealand Academy of Periodontists (ANZAP); The Australian Society of Periodontology of WA – committee member; Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Dental Surgeons (RACDS); Member of Royal College of Surgeons of England; The International Team for Implantology (ITI).
- Certifications BDS Hons, MFDS RCS Eng, DClinDent Perio FRACDS Perio
- Special Interests