Dr Janice Kan Specialist Prosthodontist – BDSc Hons (WA) DCD Pros (Melb)
Dr Janice Kan received her Bachelor of Dental Science degree with honours from the University of Western Australia in 2001 and was awarded the Wyn Needham Memorial Prize for being the most outstanding student. In 2011, she attained her Doctor of Clinical Dentistry (Prosthodontics) degree at the University of Melbourne and returned to Perth and commenced her private specialist practice.
Currently, she is the Past President of The Academy of Australian and New Zealand Prosthodontists (AANZP). In 2014, she also founded and currently serves as the Immediate Past President of the Women in Dentistry Society (WA).
With keen interest in dental implant biomechanics, she has presented her research at various local and international conferences and has published in the respected international dental journal and clinical textbook.
Besides private specialist practice, she remains active in academic teaching including:
- Fellow and Registered Speaker for the International Team for Implantology (ITI).
- Lecturer for University of Western Australia (UWA), Australian Dental Association (WA, VIC) CPD Programs, various organisations such as Australasian Osseointegration Society (AOS), Australian Prosthodontic Society (APS).
- Referee for Research Grant Application – Australian Dental Research Foundation Inc.
- Examiner of Doctor of Clinical Dentistry (Prosthodontics) Research Thesis for the University Of Melbourne.
Specialises in the management of cases with missing teeth and damaged / worn teeth and aesthetic improvements through
- Professional Affiliations International College of Prosthodontists (ICP), The Academy of Australian and New Zealand Prosthodontists (AANZP), International Team of Implantology (ITI), Australian Prosthodontic Society (APS), Australasian Osseointegration Society (AOS), Australian Dental Association (ADA), International College of Dentists (ICD)
- Certifications Bachelor of Dental Science (Honours) - UWA, Doctor of Clinical Dentistry (Prosthodontics) - University of Melbourne
- Special Interests