Dr Tina Choo – Specialist Periodontist
BDSc (WA) DClinDent (Periodontics) FRACDS (Periodontics)
Dr Tina Choo completed her Undergraduate Bachelor in Dentistry at the University of Western Australia and worked in Perth and rural WA (Kalgoorlie) for several years before starting her speciality in Periodontology at the University of Adelaide under the world renowned, Professor Mark Bartold in the field of Periodontics.
Dr Choo graduated with both her Doctor of Clinical Dentistry in Periodontics post graduate degree and her acceptance into the Fellowship of the Royal College of Dental Surgeons in the special stream of Periodontics at the same time. Since practicing as a full time Specialist Periodontist, Dr Choo has saved thousands of teeth which if left untreated, may have been lost to advanced gum disease.
Upon returning to Perth, Dr Choo undertook an important role as a Senior Lecturer and Clinical Tutor to dental students and post-graduate Periodontal specialist students at the University of Western Australia. As a faculty member of the University, she also presented many lectures over the years in Periodontics and dental implants to students and dentists both interstate and locally. She was also a committee member with the Australian Society of Periodontology.
Dr Choo’s research interest are in the field of bone regeneration with a published study with Professor Bartold in a respected international journal having 36 citations of her study to date.
- Management of all stages of Periodontal Disease
- Dental Implants & Bone Grafting
- Treatment for Receding gums (Gum Grafts)
- Removing Enlarged/Excess gum (Gingivectomy & Crown lengthening Procedures)
- Labial Frenectomy & Surgical Canine exposures
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Dental Surgeons (FRACDS)
- Australian and New Zealand Academy of Periodontists (ANZAP)
- Australian Society of Periodontology (ASP)
- American Academy of Periodontology (AAP)
- International Congress of Oral Implantologists (ICOI)
- Registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
BDSc (WA), DClinDent (Periodontics), FRACDS (Periodontics)
9222 5900 (Perth location)
9206 9500 (NOR location - Banksia Grove)
NOR location - INFO@BANKSIAGROVEDENTAL.COM.AU
PERTH LOCATION - INFO@PERTHDENTALCENTRE.COM.AU
*No referral required but would appreciate a referral if your dentist has referred you.
Perth Central Dental Centre
497 Wellington St, Cnr William St, Perth WA 6000
Phone: (08) 9222 5950
Banksia Grove Family Dental
Banksia Grove Village, 3/1001 Joondalup Dr, Banksia Grove WA 6031